The sand casting process involves the use of a furnace, metal, pattern, and sand mold. The metal is melted in the furnace and then ladled and poured into the cavity of the sand mold, which is formed by the pattern. The sand mold separates along a parting line and the solidified casting can be removed. The steps in this process are described in greater detail in the next section. In sand casting, the primary piece of equipment is the mold, which contains several components. The mold is divided into two halves - the cope (upper half) and the drag (bottom half), which meet along a parting line. Both mold halves are contained inside a box, called a flask, which itself is divided along this parting line.
The used material:GG20;GG25;GG30;GG35;GG40;GG45,ASTM A278,ect.
- grey iron casting,cast lid (pressure component) for condensors.
- 3.1B inspection certificates:available.
- oil,water proof>25bar
1) It is produced with GG15-GG30 Grey iron or GGG40-GGG70 ductile iron according to customer's detail drawing or the original samples.
2) The weight we can cast is from 0.1 Kg to 1 Ton.
3) Depending on the demand, you can choose the manufacture process as the sand cast or the precise resin sand cast.
4)Together with the delivery or the samples, there are the chemical analyse report and the tensile testing result.
Grey cast iron also known as flake graphite cast iron, is a type of casting iron in which most of the carbon is present as flake graphite .The properties of grey cast iron depends on the distribution, sizes and amount of graphite flakes, and the matrix structure. These factories are in turn, influenced mainly by the manufacturing conditions, chemical composition, solidification time and rate of cooling in he mould. Grey cast iron exhibit low to moderate strength, low modulus of elasticity, low notch sensitivity, high thermal conductivity, moderate resistance of thermal stock , and outstanding capability.